The Minister of Public Works appoints the Board of Trustees as the accounting authority for five years. The Board of Trustees is made up of 12 non-executive members. As the accounting authority of the IDT, the Board of Trustees has the following fiduciary responsibilities and duties:
- Ensure reasonable protection of the assets and records of the public entity (IDT);
- Act with fidelity, honesty, integrity and in the best interests of the public entity in managing the financial affairs of the public entity;
- Seek, within the sphere of influence of that accounting authority, to prevent any prejudice to the financial interests of the state.
The Board of Trustees has these five sub-committees:
- Audit and Risk;
- Strategic Planning and Programmes;
- Human Resources and Corporate Services; and
- Board Executive Committee /Remuneration Committee
Board of Trustees
See below for the summarised profiles of the board members:
The IDT does not have a Board of Trustees currently.