The Minister of Public Works appoints the Board of Trustees as the accounting authority for five years. The Board of Trustees is made up of 12 non-executive members. As the accounting authority of the IDT, the Board of Trustees has the following fiduciary responsibilities and duties:
- Ensure reasonable protection of the assets and records of the public entity (IDT);
- Act with fidelity, honesty, integrity and in the best interests of the public entity in managing the financial affairs of the public entity;
- Seek, within the sphere of influence of that accounting authority, to prevent any prejudice to the financial interests of the state.
The Board of Trustees has these five sub-committees:
- Audit and Risk;
- Strategic Planning and Programmes;
- Human Resources and Corporate Services; and
- Board Executive Committee /Remuneration Committee
Board of Trustees
See below for the summarised profiles of the board members:
Mr Tlhotse Enoch Motswaledi
Mr Motswaledi is a chairperson of the Human Resources and Corporate Services Committee (HRCS) and member of the Board EXCO. He lectures at the School of Public and Development Management, University of the Witwatersrand. Mr Motswaledi holds a Masters’ degree in Business Leadership from UNISA, Master of Science and Bachelor of Science degrees in Psychology from MEDUNSA.
Ms Mandisa Fatyela-Lindie
Mr Morris Mthombeni
Ms Nomvula Rakolote