Call for applications: Audit and Risk Committee - Chairperson and an Ordinary Member
Audit and Risk Committee (“Committee”) of the Independent Development Trust
The Board of Trustees of the IDT invites suitably qualified persons to submit their CVs and motivation for appointment as: 1. Chairperson of the Audit and Risk Committee (Ref: AComChair) and 2. A member of the Audit and Risk Committee ( Ref: AComMember).
Factors which will influence the appointment include but are not limited to:
- Minimum Professional qualifications CA (SA) and Professional Registration;
- Proven expertise in the fields of financial management, auditing information technology & human resources;
- Proven expertise in risk management and compliance,
- Knowledge of legislation impacting upon the IDT;
- Willingness to serve the interests of the public in a responsible manner; and
- An understanding of national development imperatives.
Candidates should possess the following qualities:
- Willingness to dedicate time and energy
- Good communication skills
- Analytical reasoning abilities
- Natural curiosity; and
Persons interested in this function and who are eminently qualified therefore will be expected to perform the functions as per the approved Committee Charter, among others, the following:
- Information Technology Governance;
- Effectiveness of the internal controls systems;
- Risk management;
- Adequacy, reliability and accuracy of financial information;
- Any accounting and auditing concerns identified;
- Compliance with the Public Finance Management Act No 1 of 1999;
- Compliance with any other legal and regulatory provisions;
- Activities of the internal audit function and work programme;
- Liaison with the Auditor-General;
- Reporting to the Board of Trustees on any issues raised by the Auditor-General;
- Investigations into the financial affairs of the IDT when requested to do so.
Terms of Office and Remuneration
The term of office of appointed candidates, which both are part-time positions only, will be three (3) years (linked to the Board of Trustees term of office). Appointed candidates will be remunerated at rates commensurate with their professional standing.
Closing date of Applications Friday, 14 June 2013 at 2:00
Correspondence will be entered into only with shortlisted candidates.
Applications must be in writing, complete with CV and motivation,
Please indicate whether your application is for the Chairperson or an Ordinary Member of the Committee by quoting the appropriate reference number.
All applications must be sent to:
Independent Development Trust, Attention: Company Secretary, P O Box 73000, Lynnwood Ridge, 0040. Alternatively hand delivered at: Glenwood Office Park, Corner Oberon and Sprite Streets, Faerie Glen, Pretoria or Emailed to:
Enquiries: Vusi Skosana on (012) 845 2044